Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sometimes, man... Sometimes... Edit: Need help

I just spent eight hours going to town on the latest subbie (84 DL wagon). At least two cans of cleaner, one hundred q-tips, three rolls of paper towels, two small wire brushes. The inside is soooo clean! I would have did some work on the engine and drive train but I'm poor right now. After all that work I started her up to go get some beer and the lights began too dim. She died after a few seconds of getting home. Damn, it's dark so I can't get it to the electrical. All I could really do is pull and replace the charging fuse and try to jump her with the 85 GL-10. Worked for a few minutes and that was it. Alternator, most likely...

She has done good so far. Last night I was crusin' with my girl and a loud noise just started up. Got of the freeway almost knowing what it was. Whipped out the tool box searching for a tool to pry with. All that I found that was long enough was my 17 mm Snap-On combo wrench, no way in hell! So I removed the bar that holds the spare tire to tight up the drive belt. Long story short, I 'got some' later because I'm cool and my family station wagon is cool.:brow:

But after all that explaining why I need a back-up soob just in case. Well I guess I was sort-of right?

At least I got my beer. :drunk:

• 2 weeks later...