Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Destudding part 2!

okay, since it looks like i wont be scoring any pug alloys any time soon, i guess i will use my 13" tires to replace the bald ones i am currently running, so, recommendations please.....

1. set of toyo zradial 705 snow radials, all four fully studded...300 miles on them

2. set of toyo observe snow tires, no studs...about 75% tread left...

what should i use until i can score some pugs? these will probably be run of course without the benefit of snow :D

okay, since it looks like i wont be scoring any pug alloys any time soon, i guess i will use my 13" tires to replace the bald ones i am currently running, so, recommendations please.....

1. set of toyo zradial 705 snow radials, all four fully studded...300 miles on them

2. set of toyo observe snow tires, no studs...about 75% tread left...

what should i use until i can score some pugs? these will probably be run of course without the benefit of snow :D

you could probaly run the tires of your choice but if you do it with out snow, you traction is gonna be very poor on the bone dry pavement or rain-soaked road.

I'd use the ones without studs already, snow tires, at least all I have ever had, tend to be a soft rubber, and they wear much faster than regular tires, but they should last plenty long for you to find some tires/rims, I didn't notice much traction difference using destudded tires, but I was hardly racing around in them either.

since your coming into summer you should find out if your state has a law against running studded tires year around. if there is a law against it i would run the ones with no studs. when i lived in oregon i remember helping my dad destudd the tires for the soob no fun.