Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leaking Injectors

with the car idling, put a little pressure on the injectors. bad sealing orings will show themselves by spurting fuel out. even good functioning ones will squirt fuel with enough pressure. i wouldn't suspect faulty fuel injectors unless it's visibly external to the injector itself and not close to a seal or juncture indicating it's just seaping past a seal or oring.

It seems to me that you're talking about the hose that attaches to the top of the injector that the hard line slips into. That piece is not replaceable without installing a whole new injector. I also have one that has a small puncture in it, if you can seal it temporary it will be ok until you can get replacements.

Actually I have replaced the short hose on one of these injectors, after boogering it up when taking it off the manifold. You have to cut the hose off where it is crimped onto the injector, which is not real easy, but then you can put a short piece of hose and clamp on there and it'll be fine.

First quick thing to check might just be the clamps on the fuel line to make sure it is not loose.

Like Gary said, you can clamp the fuel return line, connect the test connectors and turn the ignition on (but don't start the car). The pump will run and if the leak is obvious, it should spurt out of there. Don't do this for too long though, as it is tough on the fuel pump because by clamping the return line, you increase the fuel pressure to 60+psi.

It seems to me that you're talking about the hose that attaches to the top of the injector that the hard line slips into. That piece is not replaceable without installing a whole new injector. I also have one that has a small puncture in it, if you can seal it temporary it will be ok until you can get replacements.