Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i want more power in my Vortex XT!

i recently bought this beauty in January, it runs so well, done 160,000km on the clock, not very roomy for 4 ppl but it's a great 2 ppl mover..and boy does it move!

some images to feast upon:

shiny04.jpg

shiny02.jpg

inthebeast03.jpg

inthebeast02.jpg

the car is in such good condition..although i need to get the oil pump...or worse, the lifters replaced due to the lifters tapping! after that the car will be awesome to run..but this little 88kw baby just whimpers at me for some attention to add some horsepower!

i'm not that knowledgeable about how to do this properly without doing some damage, i wana know what should i do before i even look for what to buy! like do i take it to a dyno, get everything tested too see what it can handle... i want to add a good turbo, intercooler, exhaust system, maybe a new chip but i duno where to start...some ppl told me that i have to test to see if the engine PSI will be stable or something and i should meet other conditions before i venture to a turbo charger..i'm not sure, but basically if theres anyone who deffinately knows alot about these engines and their potential capacities, who can help me! i'd be very aprreciative

thanks all :)

you might get seafoam down in Austrailia...basically its a cleaner...and it will clean up any sludge blocking the oil pasages. it works great.

the best tihng otherwise it to use synthetic engine oil in it and make sure its changed every 5,000 km...and use OE SUBARU filters.

Thats a GREAT looking XT! I've only seen a few looking that good over here.