Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all, return to the Sooby world.

Hi everyone, I have returned to the world of Subarus after an 8 year break. last night I just purchased a 91 Loyale. My past Soobs include an 80 GL wagon and a 81 Gl wagon. I will post some pics of the new and old ones.

During the 8 year break, I had gotten into early generation Saab 900s. I have always thought that Saabs and Soobs were the two cars that once you have owned one, you will always want another.

Hopefully I will be able to answer some questions for people, but for the most part i will be the one asking some questions. Thanks in advance for any help.

Later,

Todd in Seattle

I've got a saab that I got for free off of a friend, that's sitting in my driveway... early 900 S (1991 I think!?!)

anyway, the car will start and run fine, but it overheats and doesn't charge the battery. there is a belt coming from the crank that turns the alternator and water pump, and then another belt that turns the rest of the stuff..

long story short, it will be a long time before I get around to figuring out what the problem is because the water pump and alternator are both buried below tons of other crap (ac condenser etc) at the rear of the engine compartment!!!

give me a subaru with a problem for free, and I'll do my best to fix it..

give me a saab with a problem for free, and it'll sit in the driveway until I have a week off from everything to screw with it