Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spy photos? Spotted? Whatever. ..

ezapar

I will measure out the clearance next time I'm under it.

I just (last 2 days) lowered it 1" to alleviate the axles some strain.

Aside from the coilover shocks adjusted all the way down the torsion bar is clocked 2 teeth down. I will be starting with shortening the shocks to relieve the tires/camber, and failing this will be reclocking the torsion bar. The car rides like a unit of lumber.

Got a lot done over past couple days. I removed the steering extension I had welded, and installed some 5/32 split pins in it for more security. Mounted the skid plate back after welding a spacer on to it, and swapped the 3" blocks I had for the tranny to 2" to correct the output angle to driveline (holy crap the shorter bolts I picked up ran like $50!). Now I will have to further "customize" the interior as now 1st and 3rd have the lower cubby of the center console in the way.

There is a lot left in the interior to be done. The was a 2wd conversion, so the is still a big hole where the linkage comes out of the floor awaiting covering up. I'd love to put new carpet in it, but after taking in 8" of muddy water in the last lift I had I think it might be a waste.

Powerplant is stock EA81 until I get through EPA, at which point it'll be weber or SPFI depending on whats available.

I will measure out the clearance next time I'm under it.

I just (last 2 days) lowered it 1" to alleviate the axles some strain.

Aside from the coilover shocks adjusted all the way down the torsion bar is clocked 2 teeth down. I will be starting with shortening the shocks to relieve the tires/camber, and failing this will be reclocking the torsion bar. The car rides like a unit of lumber.

Got a lot done over past couple days. I removed the steering extension I had welded, and installed some 5/32 split pins in it for more security. Mounted the skid plate back after welding a spacer on to it, and swapped the 3" blocks I had for the tranny to 2" to correct the output angle to driveline (holy crap the shorter bolts I picked up ran like $50!). Now I will have to further "customize" the interior as now 1st and 3rd have the lower cubby of the center console in the way.

There is a lot left in the interior to be done. The was a 2wd conversion, so the is still a big hole where the linkage comes out of the floor awaiting covering up. I'd love to put new carpet in it, but after taking in 8" of muddy water in the last lift I had I think it might be a waste.

Powerplant is stock EA81 until I get through EPA, at which point it'll be weber or SPFI depending on whats available.

Thanks for the details. Sounds like you have been working hard on it!

With those 3" blocks at the tranny is it really that much of an angle on the drive train? U-joint blowing angles?

I stopped bothering with the carpet. Once I started getting into stuff depper than my floor boards on a regular basis it just got nasty. Removed all seats, ripped out all carpeting, and just put front seats back in. I'd still have rear seats if the seat belts didnt rust out back there :lol:

Can't wait to see it offroad!

• 3 weeks later...
This would be a board members ride. Needs a little more to be legal to drive, but pretty much ready to go. Check out the clearance under the diff.

142girlsticker.jpg

Oi, crikey.

Ok, I unclocked the torsion bar set up- back down 2 teeth but these coilovers still jam these wheels to bottom of action/travel.

Having lowered the rear diff via new holes in mustache bar 1", and lowering the front of the rear diff w/ some bracketry, the driveline rubs on the exhaust. One thing after another on this project. The Tranny sits on 2" blocks now.

In an attempt to alleviate front toe in I tacked on some 1/4" steel ontop the 3"engine X-member blocks... won't know till the susp settles after some driving but I don't think it did alot.

Working the interior now, dry fitting 4wd plastic over center hump, linkage. Kinda a PITA.

FWIW, the metal sleeve bushings found with the tranny linkage (@1 1/2"long) fit snug as an extension on the engine brace/dogbone pc with a cut and weld.

Next time? Probably buy a PK icon10.gif!

We're trying to figure out the perrfect sticker to offset the one that's on there rather than taking it off.

"Heston for Pres."

"I kill hippies" (Seen 'em, they exist)

I'm getting a "PAVEMENT SUCKS" sticker for the back of my lifted wagon.:D

Pyro, do you start fires? I smell smoke.

They're stickers and don't mean that anyone hates or whatever. Inappropriate? Probly. Joke? yes.

Should get one that says "Tweekers suck" or something to that effect.. I F*$*$*KING HATE tweekers! They're prolly the only group of ppl that I can say I hate, wish I could round 'em all up and ship 'em off to Mars or something, then they wouldn't be aroudn here running around stealing stuff to buy more tweek.....

Nice ride though :D Wish my Subie was that big...