Ultimate Subaru Message Board

leone to brumby/brat instument panel swap?

my speedo is working casually...as in it reads when it feels like it but my odometer is working fine so i know that the cable is ok.

what i want to know is will a instrument panel out of a '85 leone fit and will it all hookup? it also has a tach which i don't have, even though my ute is a GL .

do all brumby/brats have everything needed to drive the tach?

I know I have a Leone instrument panel, as I have the tacho. I would say its a dirct fit, by the looks of it anyway. BTW, I have a 89 Brumby... The tacho is run via electronics, and by what I've seen of Ford Telstars and Mazda 626's they normally include all the wiring just for the hell of it. It should fit fine, but don't just take my word on that

haha.. I've given up on that "lego ability", I've had clutch problems for a while now, finally just got a "non subaru" thrust bearing that looks like it willl do the job 400% better... Everything I buy seems to not fit my model.. I thought they were all the same.. Maybe I just have had some bad times, hopefully it gets better soon.... Good luck with da dash..

well i hope it fits and all works like its meant to i'm hopeing the subaru lego ability stretchs the the instruments

ive done a panel swap from non tach to tach on my wagon

I had to run a new wire from the neg (i think) side of coil to the dash,. easy as pie

the hardest part is putting it back together while keeping the heater control pipes in place