Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This vehicle has an automatic transmission. I have a little delay when I am about to take off after the vehicle has been sitting awhile. After I start going after it has been sitting awhile the tranny seems to be fine. It acts like it is low on tranny fluid when it has been sitting. But If I let it sit there for about 30 sec in drive. then try to take of it seems to be fine. Any ideas what this might be. I am going to cange the filter and and fluid then see what happens. But like I said after I get giong after it has been sitting awhile the tranny works fine.

I think the valve you mentioned is the transmission modulator valve- I was reading about it in another post. Anyone know where its located on the tranny?

Need help fast. I need to know the location of the check valve or modulator valve which ever one it is on the transmission if any one knows. Its a 92 legacy w. turbo. AT.

Took it to mister transmission this morning and they said it sounds like a seal is leaking internal. I had thought that cause you could here the fluid squirting past the seal where ever it is. I put this stuff from lucas oil. Its supposed to stop leaks and slippage. The seals will shrin in time. This stuff makes the seals swell back up and helps keep the tranny cool. So far problem is about 80% fixed and the fluid has only been in there for about 1/2 hour of running it. Hopefully this will be a cheap fix.

• 1 year later...
Took it to mister transmission this morning and they said it sounds like a seal is leaking internal. I had thought that cause you could here the fluid squirting past the seal where ever it is. I put this stuff from lucas oil. Its supposed to stop leaks and slippage. The seals will shrin in time. This stuff makes the seals swell back up and helps keep the tranny cool. So far problem is about 80% fixed and the fluid has only been in there for about 1/2 hour of running it. Hopefully this will be a cheap fix.

And , did it work ?

Let me understand this. You took your car to a transmission shop, and they actually let you leave without selling you a transmission? Thats like walking out from the colessium after being fed to the lions. :clap:

The Lucas seal does what you said, with a down side. In order to make seals swell, it has to make them soft. Eventually they will start to fall apart.

Save your pennies.

nipper

And , did it work ?
It appears that the most recent post from turbo92subaru was about 1.5 years ago, so you may not get a response. However, this thread does bring up the "fix" for torque converter drain-down on some of the early '90s 4EATs -- a cooler line wth a check valve was installed.

It appears that the most recent post from turbo92subaru was about 1.5 years ago, so you may not get a response. However, this thread does bring up the "fix" for torque converter drain-down on some of the early '90s 4EATs -- a cooler line wth a check valve was installed.

One thing I miss in most discussions : a result or a fix at the end , a lot of theories , but everybody did solve in one way the problem , even id just by throwing away the whole car ? The solution is for most of us the most important !

Sorry for this "grandpa" statement .......It is a great forum !

One thing I miss in most discussions : a result or a fix at the end , a lot of theories , but everybody did solve in one way the problem , even id just by throwing away the whole car ? The solution is for most of us the most important !

Sorry for this "grandpa" statement .......It is a great forum !

There's no need to apologize; I agree with you -- this is a great forum, and it would be even better if people would let us know how their problem was resolved.