Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is it worth anything?

I found a 2WD Wagon today. It is supposed to have a cracked head, I am hoping to hear from the guy soon. The body is in very good shape, no real dents, or rust. I just looked at through the windows and the interior looked good. I think that it is a 1986-1989. It just has Subaru on the side, not marked as a Loyale so I think it is from the '80's.

not really worth a dime

not a gl-10, not a turbo, not a 4x4

not much worth having

i wouldnt give anything for it

I dunno bout that...

There is something to be said for basic transportation, and Subes have always been excellent cars if that's what your'e after. You've still got the EA82 platform, and both the carbed and SPFI's are solid mechanically. The 10's and turbo's have their quirks, and as great as the 4wd's are, they are still "gravy" in the grand scheme of things. How many passenger cars have 4wd anyway???

The fact that the body is solid is a big plus, and if the car is adequete otherwise, should make it a no-brainer if the price is right.

I have always said that some of the best-loved cars are those that are basic and reliable. If it'll fit your needs, don't worry about the hype. You'll still be driving a Sube, and you'll enjoy the benefits of owning one of these cars.

good luck, John

probably a blown head gasket instead of a cracked head. if soobs are rare around your parts i say get it. i juyst got a loyale for 50 bucks with abad timing belt. cost me 7 bucks to fix it. i can sell it for 600 easy

if i came across a RUST FREE soob in any shape i would be all over it like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm on the hood of a subaru rx