Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Much boredom....

So....WJM is bored.

At some point...I'll be cutting up a new aquired GL-10 sedan to fix the RX...then building an engine...then making the air/water intercooler setup work...and then I'll be autoxing again. Yay. But until then...WJM is bored.

WJM will also be taking some of the parts from that automatic GL-10 and putting some of those bits back on the GL-10 WAGON and bring it back to life...after I find a proper 4EAT, an engine...and stuffs...

For now...I am bored.

What aggrivates me is that no one knows if an EJ 5spd front diff is similar/same as EA82 5spd front diff....I guess no one has compared the two at all.....

Another thing is that it seems as if no one has an XT6 4wd 5spd transmission crossmembers....

That and im just bored...maybe I should go eat some pizza.

Well....i guess I should enjoy driving an RS in STS in Peru Indiana next weekend at the National Tour, and driving Templar's WRX back up to him tomorrow (EJ257, AEM w/Anti-Lag and Launch control, custom 18G turbo, custom steering rack - 2.2 turns lock to lock, D2 racing coilovers, many adjustable suspension bits...etc etc...)

mmmmmm......pizza.

Myx is bored as well too. Join the crowd. :brow:

I've been sleeping as far as mods with the RX turbo goes. I know what I must do. I've been hopping and skipping aroudn betwen the rides. I just installed a Borla header on the 2.2ltr Outback Sport and want to dyno it.....but it has a nasty exhaust leak. Hrrmmm

Then the RX is handicapped by not being able to up the boost because of the Maf voltage and the fact that upping the boost is suicide since my fueling is on the ragged edge as it sits. I have an HKS fuel cut defenser but it's pointless until I get that extra injector installed or slightly larger ones.

As for the XT6s, one (Nightrider) is just sitting on the side. No point modding that one after testing it with nitrous. The engine is a little weaker than it should be so I'm not all that enthusiastic about it.

Now Redrum (AWD, XT6) just came out of the tranny shop. Feels great now that it shifts right. Simple mods have gained up to 20hp before the tranny upgrade. If the dyno shop is open tomorrow, I'm heading up to play with ignition timing and see what can be gained with that. If I can gain another 8-10hp with that, it will be a total of 30hp gained with intake, exhaust, pulley and ignition advanced. I'm going to be to laughing at those 2.5RS peeps.

Here's where I was at last before the tranny rebuild.

Int-Exh-PulleyHP.jpg

So maybe tomorrow I can give something refreshing to look at.

I want to be reading about someone elses old school skooby running 14s, 13s, 12s or some really cool dyno numbers. So I sit and wait and watch. :(