Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm getting a brat

A friend of mine has offered to give me a fixer upper brat for a long time. Well, it finally looks like it might happen. It all looks about the same as my old 82 wagon. It has both rocker panels rusted out. I need to weld some new ones in when I get it. Just what I needed, another car project. I don't remember what year Brat he said it was but it has t-tops(or whatever they are called) and it doesn't have the center lamp like my wagon, but it has 4 headlights. Is there much difference between Brats and wagons? It looks like the same Ea81 like my wagon had, same 4 speed(wish it was a 5) and all.

yeh quad heatlight normally means dl (lowest trim level)

and the single headlights are the gl with all the electric goodies

wagon and brat front pannels are interchangable so are trannies, diffs and engines. ea81 wagons and brat are pretty much the same excpet the obvious differences.

yeh quad heatlight normally means dl (lowest trim level)

and the single headlights are the gl with all the electric goodies

wagon and brat front pannels are interchangable so are trannies, diffs and engines. ea81 wagons and brat are pretty much the same excpet the obvious differences.

So could I change out the grills and make the brat have the center lamp? That would be cool. Is rust a big problem in Australia? I see your from Brissy.

quad lights means GL which is more deluxe than DL

your brat should drive very simular to the wagon.got any pics of it?

no pictures yet. Its up on a mountain and i got to borrow a trailer to haul it home. Then i have to get the title stuff all worked out. It belonged to a guy who died and his son has to get his mom to do something to get me the title. Something about death certificates and creepy stuff like that. Funny thing about it is that its a metalic blue paint and looks almost perfectly new and shiny almost almost all the way down to the bottom of the doors and rotted rockers. Hey do those glass tops come out or do the just pop up?

they pop up, and also are removeable.they are real easy to operate when you see them.you can put the center light in a brat, with some grill mods.the center lights are pretty rare though, and usually bring pretty good money.good luck with it, and post pics when you get it!

they pop up, and also are removeable.they are real easy to operate when you see them.you can put the center light in a brat, with some grill mods.the center lights are pretty rare though, and usually bring pretty good money.good luck with it, and post pics when you get it!
Will do, I definitely want the center eye on the brat if possible. That light really lights up the road right in front of the car in bad weather.