Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So sorry about the late reply, it turned out to be a much bigger problem to trouble shoot. It ended up as a bad board behind the inst. panel, which was much cheaper then a speed sensor to buy and install.

Same probem in my '99 OBW.......speedo intermittent, odometer quits with the speedo...but the cruise control still works when the speedo quits. Sometimes banging on the wiper stalk will turn the speedo back on.

Weird !?!?

Can you say more about the "bad board" or have a part number and price to replace it.

I bought a whole used instrument cluster from a 97 OBW, planning to swap the speedo....but haven't done it yet.

Warren C.

hey meester, just order a new speedo from 1stsubaruparts.com for $105 plus shipping and install. all other retail schlub dealers will quote $165. deal with jason, he is most helpful. same problem with my 99 leg l sedan 30th anniv 2.2l 5-sp. btw, it is a mechanical odo so you can carefully set it to whatever you want. how 'bout a 10% off sale for your trouble? heh heh. also, that green ground wire behind the cluster sure is short. i guess that extra inch or two of wire might have materially reduced fuji's quarterlys. not a tough job, just don't scratch anything and take your time. your car will feel like it did several thousand miles ago. heh heh.