Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A Lift For My 98' OBW...

[ evL ]

Hello Folks,

I would like to attempt a lift job on my 98' OBW and after doing

some research I have come across a few "lift kits" mentioned here

and elsewhere. I would like to hear some opinions.

I was looking at the kits available from Renickmotorsports.com

which are the Scorpion Body Lift and the Scorpion Lift Springs.

Does anybody have any experience with Scorpion Lifts?

I would like to do both. A 3" to 4" lift would be great!

I found this picture of a 98'OBW and this is exactly what I

want to do with mine. If anybody knows who owns the OB in

the picture that last link goes to; or knows how or what kit

was used that would be a help.

Thank you for your time...

[ evL ]

ok look, the scorpian brand lifts are made in Aus. i dont know to much about the outbacks but i do know that scorpian brand is made in aus.

o and by the way, it will look awsum when it is done:) someone on hear had a awsum looking one i cant remember who though. you should look into the mudrat front bumper. they look cool. im not sure but you could contact him about the lift. (mudrat79) his name is john

People hate when I advertise in the board, but I got to make a mention that Allied Armament is making a lift kit for the OBW/Sedans etc. We should have at least to of our vehicles with the lift installed at WCSS7. Unlike our EA 82 lift kit our lift for the OBW will not affect CV angle. These are only prototypes right now and we will not be offering to the public for at least another month, so keep your fingers crossed.

with the scorpion stuff, you'll get about 2" with the springs, and 60mm, or approx. 2" with the body lift..... its also kinda pricey, but i dont know of any other options, so.......

People hate when I advertise in the board, but I got to make a mention that Allied Armament is making a lift kit for the OBW/Sedans etc. We should have at least to of our vehicles with the lift installed at WCSS7. Unlike our EA 82 lift kit our lift for the OBW will not affect CV angle. These are only prototypes right now and we will not be offering to the public for at least another month, so keep your fingers crossed.

could you at least tell us how big the lift will be?

Thank you

Dan

Hello Folks,

Ya, the Scorpion Kits are kind of pricey.

So Shadyirishmen, please keep us posted on

how your kit is going. Very interested.

As you said, a 3-4 inch lift would be fine

and would avoid "extras" like brake lines.

Groovy!

[ evL ]

-

• 2 weeks later...

im all about someone making a lift for the legacy here in the states, shipping is less that way.... although, mine will be a bit tricky....... since im gonna run outback springs, i need to change the bolt pattern for the strut top, which requires me to redrill holes for them to fit...... which then means, custom rear blocks.......hmmmmm

Hey we finally built an OBW with a lift and took it to WCSS7 some members of the board can tell you about it. It is only a 2.5" lift (well its actually a 4" lift) but because your car comes with factory 1.5" lift we just redesign it to be 4"s I will have some pictures of it on the website in the next couple days.

JM

im all about someone making a lift for the legacy here in the states, shipping is less that way.... although, mine will be a bit tricky....... since im gonna run outback springs, i need to change the bolt pattern for the strut top, which requires me to redrill holes for them to fit...... which then means, custom rear blocks.......hmmmmm

Well the final price isn't set but we just charged the University of Central Florida $650 for theirs. There putting it on an automated (NO DRIVER) Subaru legacy that is doing a 200 mile desert race!!! Anyways, we will stick to the $650 range for now until we know what we have into them. Most likely the price will be higher. If you get a hold of me and tell me what type of vehicle you have legacy or Outback I can get you more information. Pictures should be up on the website in the next couple of days.

how much did the lift cost? im definately interested in a lift, although, i'd like a 3". a 4" might be a little much for me, i dont want to have to change too much......

We could build a lift for it, but because you allready have Outback suspension on it you would only notice 2.5" inches of lift the outback suspension is longer by about 1.5" inches. The total lift would be 4" inches and it would reduce the angle on the axles you currently have (the outbacks have a factory lift in them for which I would imagine you do not have in your vehicle).

im driving a legacy, that will have outback suspension on it..... so kind of a mutt if you will......