Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cryo time

So...with this new engine I am building...I'm thinking about cryo treating everything. I'm going to have it apart down to split block halves, to deck and hone the block, new rings, reworked heads.....etc...

I am wondering if its worth the time and $ to cryo everything. Block, bearings, rods, pistons, rings...heads...etc...

?

there's a place right up the street that will do it. $150...flat rate forwhatever you can fit in the 'box'.

FSP is a stock internals class. Pistons are free as long as they are "of original dimentions and weight"...which means I might as well not even consider pistons. The stock ones are fine.

there's a place right up the street that will do it. $150...flat rate forwhatever you can fit in the 'box'.

FSP is a stock internals class. Pistons are free as long as they are "of original dimentions and weight"...which means I might as well not even consider pistons. The stock ones are fine.

$150? Do it up and let us know if it was worth your money!

one word of Advice.. DO NOT build your daily driver to the specs of a certain Auto-x class. DO build your daily driver how YOU want it...not how some stupid rulebook wants it, there's no point in saying "well i'd like to do this but the rules won't let me"

Oh...and yes...i defy anyone at an Auto-x to rip your engine apart because you have "illegal pistons". And if they do, they seriously need to suck it up and learn to drive faster.

Its not going to be my daily driver....tho I imagine I will drive it alot more than my current daily...

and yes I agree...no one at a local or regional autox is going to protest the engine. Divisional? not likely either.

However, the car and I are GOING to be nationally competitive in FSP, that means I will be at Topeka, and most likely, the engine/boost/EMS will get protested. I am prepared for that.

FSP is a class that suits an actual representation of what this car should be able to do with stock boost and stock engine internals....but everything else done (suspension, EMS, intake/intercooler/exhaust, stock sized rotors/stock calipers/Panther P+ pads...etc...).

SM would be the class that is still a street class...but yet, you can build the car to several levels. At the MAX the RX would feature full suspension to suit 5x114.3, STi size brakes, 17x13 rims wrapped with 335/35/17 Rcomps, an ER27 with custom heads and a special Deadbolt GT28RS putting out well over 400hp, most likely a 6spd with the DCCD-B...or a RX box with RA gears or something else RX-Custom...full cage and more...and it would be completely street legal. In that trim I imagine that I would drive that whenever I could. :headbang:

The name of the game for me is...ive only got two cars...and the 1st one is the RX, I want it fast, but I want it to completely dominate the class that I run it in. FSP is going to be that class.

2nd, Outback...it stays stock.