Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SPFI Conversion Manual

Here is the legendary SPFI Conversion Manual write up (Single Port Fuel Inection = SPFI, a version of Electronic Fuel Injection (EF) also called Throttle Body Injection (TBI) by GM fellers :) ). This explains how to implement SPFI onto EA82 and EA81 Subaru engines. It was written by Kelly Huff who we are all indebted to for his effords in compiling this information. A big thanks goes out to all who have pioneered this conversion making it possible for the average do it yourself mechanic.

I would highly suggest downloading the .PDF document and keeping it yourself. While this domain and server I'm posting it on has been running since 1998; nothing lasts forever. I hope that it lives on indefinatly through people who have the passion to keep it and pass it on to all those who wish to undertake this proceedure.

Good luck and thank you.

http://www.mnchopshop.org/images/usmb/spfi_conversion_manual.pdf.filepart

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This will kill my parts sale!!:grin: On the bright side I don't have to pull all the goods now!

I told you snowman would set you straight on the conversion and you will be happier with the fuel injection as oposed to the carby set up. Checked out the conversion thread, seams to be very through thou I didn't read the hole thing.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress. Some pic's would be cool if your one of the lucky ones with photo gallery capabilities!:rolleyes: Stumpy

Help Moderator, Error, Error, this was to be on the thread (wiring a trike) in the (Subaru Transplant Forum). Would some one be so kind as to fix my mistake? Thanks, Stumpy

This will kill my parts sale!!:grin: On the bright side I don't have to pull all the goods now!

I told you snowman would set you straight on the conversion and you will be happier with the fuel injection as oposed to the carby set up. Checked out the conversion thread, seams to be very through thou I didn't read the hole thing.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress. Some pic's would be cool if your one of the lucky ones with photo gallery capabilities!:rolleyes: Stumpy

ok, i have downloaded and saved this file for future conversion. but i would also like to know who has used this convert their carb. subie to spfi and what their success was in using it? did they have any problems or did they need any extra/ different parts then what was mentioned. or any additional info that someone else had ran acroos that would be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I recieved a msg from a member saying the link didnt work. I have moved around my Subaru info on my server. Here's the new link to this information:

http://www.mnchopshop.org/images/offroad/subaru/spfi_conversion_manual.pdf

Good luck, and enjoy. I'll just go crawl back into my hole now....

woah~!

good to see you're at least still alive :grin: