Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yet another Question on the 84

OK my sons 84 GL Wagon has a sunroof, well a couple months ago said sunroof shattered when he went to close it. For the last two months we have been parking the car with a rubber raft over the hole during rain storms until we could figure out how and where to get the roof replaced. Well I went to the local autoglass shop today and asked how much it would be to replace it, after getting the year and model of the Subi.........he looked in his catalog which listed from 80-98 subaru's but apparently didnt show one for my application. he gave me two numbers of places to call to find the sunroof and he said he would put it in (I tried the numbers and neither one of them WORKED :mad: ) so that leads to my question(s).

1. Was the manual sunroof part of the GL option package? This is a non-turbo 1.8 EA81 powered car with a 4spd manual (Im guessing D/R dont know) 4wd Wagon. Everything else is manual, including steering, windows, locks and the gagues are analog.

2. Is there anyway to tell if the sunroof was a factory installed one or if its aftermarket? Ive looked for the drain holes but cannot see any in the corners of the roof.

Thanks for any help to figure this out. :)

Does the plastic trim around the roof molding match the interior plastic?

I have an 84 with a sun roof and it has hinges on each side up front and one center latch in the back which doubles as a pop up vent and it's removable.

My sun roof plastic matches my door molding plastic.

I think my roof is factory?

The sun roof was not part of the GL package.

It might have been part of the GL-10 package?

Good Luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

Well I guess this new info requires another trip to the glass man. He was gonna charge me 35 bucks an hour to track this down but I figured it out for free (With Y'alls help)....................BTW there is no plastic trim around the sunroof, all you can see is the rubber gasket (which BTW DOESNT work all that well) and beyond that hole is the original headliner if that helps.

Thanks again for the input.