Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Missing cup holder

edrach

Arrgggh! I was just saying that today... since driving the Brat every day, I miss stopping to grab a cup on my way home. There's no place to put it other than the obvious... which is ok in an automatic, but too much leg use with clutching and all... soooo, I ride right on by... I don't want to end up like Stella. Yee-ouch!

I'm tired of not having a cup holder in the Brat. Next best thing; just have to get out of the car to take a sip!:)

110Cup_holder-med.jpg

I have a cup holder mounted into my 85 brat, you know one of the generic ones from any parts place, it is mounted to the center console on the passenger side using one of the trim screws located there, makes my 75+ miles each way daily commute a little more tollerant....

Not a verry good fix but it has been working for me for the last 6 months or so....

I will try to get some pics tomorrow and if I manage to get them I will try to post them for all to view...

There's a really rag tag gl wagon for sale down the road so I stopped to take a look. It had 2 really well done cup holders screwed into the dash made of #10 awg copper wire. They looked good and worked well [i checked with my own to go cup I happened to have with me]. Probly end up installing some in my car too. I'll see if I can get some pics before it sells.

I'll give the duct-tape a try. No, the Brat in the pic is my new one. I couldn't turn down a "cherry" '84 which just happens to be the same color as my old one. The old one is coming back from Bozeman today and will reside in Spokane until I get out there to tow it home. Many thanks to tailgatewagon for giving it a safe home until I could arrange a pickup to bring it back. With luck it will be back here by the end of the month and I can determine what led to its demise and repair it.

A roll of the WIDE duct tape works great...either on the floor or on the center console.

I like Ed's better though!:lol:

Is that the same brat that was stuck in the midwest somewhere this summer? What did you do to get it going?