Ultimate Subaru Message Board

altranator for 87 gl 3 door, non turbo, FI, 2WD

I did some homework and found that the nissan maxima with a v6 from 86-92 has a 90amp alternator and the only modification is to change the pulley and hook up the nissan plug-in. I put one on my 86 gl wagon and it works great.

the alternater cost me 15.00 at the junk yard and 20.00 for pulley.

hope this helps

I did some homework and found that the nissan maxima with a v6 from 86-92 has a 90amp alternator and the only modification is to change the pulley and hook up the nissan plug-in. I put one on my 86 gl wagon and it works great.

the alternater cost me 15.00 at the junk yard and 20.00 for pulley.

hope this helps

thats good to know! i might have to check that out

Thats the some one I have on my car. Now all you need is the pulley and if you want is the plug in for easier installation and make sure to put either a extra wire the same size as the one on the car so it is duel wires like the maxima or put one bigger wire like 10 or 8 gauge

so it wont overheat and melt while under heavy load. sorry i forgot to you that wire is the main power wire to the alternator. the pulley and the plug can be purchased at any auto electric shop. The plug wires the same way it has a big and small wire coming from it just cut the old plug hook small to small and large to large . hopefully this helps talk at you later