Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well to update on my issue of leaking brake fluid I have traced it to the ABS unit itself, has anyone here ever had this problem? Is there a fix or must the entire unit be replaced? If so I would welcome any good places to search for used parts or if anyone happens to have one here please send me an offer:) Thanks in advance....

1996 Legacy LSI wagon

hi i also had the same problem with my 93 legacy and the dealer wanted $2000 to fix it, but instead wat we did was say $2k can buy alot of brake fluid so we kept topping the brake fluid for a year and maintained the level, and eventually it stopped lleaking and this happened about 4 years ago, and since then we haven't added a drop and still running with the same amount, hopefully this will work out for u. I suggest u use recommended brake fluid, however im not sure but i think it's DOT-3.

I agree, if you check all the connections to make sure they are tight, and dont see any cracked brake lines ( if they are thats an easy fix), just keep an eye on the fluid. Worse comes to worse and the ABS gets really bad, you can plumb around it.

nipper