Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i need to know

I've always been curious about those little circle block off holes too. I have an 83 GL sedan with power windows, power steering and air conditioning and i have no idea what those block offs were for either. Now im assuming one of them was cruise control but what about the others?

With the GL you have a lot of options but not all. GL10 you'll have some more. The XT and XT6s I've sat in had TONS of buttons and switches.

One of the blocked off buttons you have in there is for air struts that arent equiped to raise/lower the vehicle.

I've always been curious about those little circle block off holes too. I have an 83 GL sedan with power windows, power steering and air conditioning and i have no idea what those block offs were for either. Now im assuming one of them was cruise control but what about the others?

You're right, the one to the right of the steering wheel is for one type of cruise module (there are actually 3 different modules for the EA81 body style).

I've never figured out what the two to the left are for. But they make great places to put switches for fog lights and such.