Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fast Food (Not McDonald's) *Updated with pics*

Well, I hit a deer last night. No one was hurt but the car didn't walk away without a scratch. The left fender was caved in so that the door wouldn't open. I popped it out, but it's still dented. The corner of the hood is folded down and dented in the middle. The headlight is gone. The lens shattered. So, I need to get a new headlight assembly. The dealer here wants around $200 for it. Is there any place I can get this for cheaper? I will deal with the body work later, but I need a headlight now. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Be thankful it wasn't a moose.

Euggh. Those derail trains up there in AK sometimes.

If you can't find a junkyard one closer, superrupair in Boulder will probably ship you one for $50 or $100 depending on the year. They have a whole warehouse of used parts.

Zeke

http://http://www.certifit.com/

I am a 4wd fanatic that has recently bought into a Subaru.

the site above has hundreds of car parts for cheap. The are not OEM

but the parts are good quality. I have purchased fenders, a hood, and many tail lights from them.

(edit:)

depending on the model Impreza

Fender's run 24.95-40.95

hoods run 78-102

the signal lamp assy will be 16.25-22.04

I don't have a list for the head lamp though.

It's nice to have a parts book:D

I'm driving a 93 Impreza with a sheet metal eyepatch over the left headlight. And yes, I'm thankful it wasn't a moose.:rolleyes: I checked eBay. They don't have one. 1stsubaruparts.com had the assembly for $136, so I went ahead and ordered it. I would normally have shopped around, but I was in a hurry to get it. (Thanks to dreaded standard time, it gets dark much too early now.) I did call the local junkyard. They had no subies.:-\

Thanks.

Finally got some pics of the battle scars. I didn't get the crushed, shattered headlight assembly that cost me $178 shipped to replace.:banghead: The headlight seems to have taken the worst of the damage, but the hood is probably going to be the worst and most expensive to fix/replace though. By the way, does anyone know where I can get the side molding that runs down the middle of the door? As you can see, it's got duct tape over the holes to keep water from running down inside the door. (Those paws in the pics belong to my camera-hog cats that like to walk all over the car and get muddy prints all over it.):rolleyes:

12494Deer1.JPG

12494Deer2.JPG

12494Deer3.JPG

12494Deer4.JPG

12494Deer5.JPG