Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rugged EA82

I've been driving around my wagon as necessity calls for, and, remarkably, it has made it everywhere i wanted it to go. I now have 24 miles on the engine since I bent the connecting rod. The motor origionaly swallowed water while turning at 4k rpms, lost it's coolant, and had the oil pan bashed in. All in the same trip, and It made it out under its own power. The motor is hard to start, takes pumping the gas (SPFI, really shouldn't make a difference, but it does) to get it to fire, but once it's running, its good to go. It makes the loudest death rattle I have heard an engine make and still run, but will still pull hard enough to get the car up to 65mph. It has grounding issues now, overheats like never before, and smells like a swamp from sinking, but it is overall still drivable. Any other engine would have kicked the bucket by now, but this one keeps on ticking, or knocking as it seems. Go EA82 :headbang:

I picked up my EJ22 from school in it, so It's twin engine right now. When the EJ is in, I will be styling.