Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who has changed an ABS unit? 93-95

Has anyone changed an ABS unit? I have an used one to put on but nothing in the Haynes manual for instructions other than take it to a dealer or certified repair facility. I am "certified" but by mental health professionals, does that count?

96 OBW manufactured 9-95 so I have the rectangular model (late 93, 94, 95 and early 96) with 4 outlets coming out of the top. It is functioning but leaking.

When I replace it should I just bleed it like a master cylinder and then bleed at all of the wheels?

Taking it off of the donor car was pretty easy. Is it as simple as disconnecting the lines, connector plugs and ground wire, replace in reverse order and then bleeding it?

Shoot, it is just the brakes, not something important like the vanity mirror light.

Thanks,

Greg

You bleed the system jaust as you would when replacing any brake part. Thsi is a flow through system. All the pressure releife valves are closed unless needed to bleed off pressure. The manual says just to bleed normally.

What i would do is bleed the system ..find domeplace with wet leaves or something stomp on the brakes...get the ABS to fire off.... then re check just to make sure.

nipper