Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello, looking for battery/electric help

Hello, I'm new here. My girlfriend has a 1999 Forester. I was using her vehicle to jumpstart my truck when I noticed a lot of corrosion built up on her battery's positive post. I used baking soda and water to clean it off; I removed the lead and cleaned each separately.

Anyway, when I hooked the lead back up and screwed it down, the lights (turn/hazard lights, dash illumination, radio, etc, but not headlights) started blinking slowly.

Manual says nothing about it in the battery or fuse section. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!

- Emery/odinspearx

It's the keyless entry that is causing the lights to flash . if you have the remotes you just have to hit the disarm button . If not,you have to find the passive button which is usually found by the hood relaese (black button ) .

If you don't find it there look for the control module ,which is by the fuse box.

Should be strapped up there . Hold the black button down and turn the ignition to the on position . The lights should stop flashing

Hope that helps

SEA#3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have the same sort of problem. However I have a 97 legacy outback and don't think I have keyless entry. At least when I bought the car, no one gave me the remote. I looked under there by the fuse box, but don't know what I'm, looking for. I don't see any obvious black button.

What is the "control Module"?

Thanks

Joey

If your lights are flashing like this after the power is reset then you most likely do have a keyless entry. Hopefully you have a owners manual to check with. If you can't find the keyless entry control module or button you may need to puchase a remote and program it to your cars system. Ebay has some good deals on remotes.

Hi

I have the same sort of problem. However I have a 97 legacy outback and don't think I have keyless entry. At least when I bought the car, no one gave me the remote. I looked under there by the fuse box, but don't know what I'm, looking for. I don't see any obvious black button.

What is the "control Module"?

Thanks

Joey