Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey all,

So here is the situation. I recently replaced my rear hatch from one without the rear wiper to one with the rear wiper. I assumed that as soon as I hook up all the wires, the rear wiper would work, not the case though. Since all the wires were already there and there is a rear wiper control on the little black stick behind the steering wheel, I assumed i did not need to do anything else.

I looked around for any relay or fuse that might need to be added, but i can't find anything like that. The only thing I saw was at the washer tank, fluid tbe needs to be hooked up, but even without that the arm should still work.

Any ideas and any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Awsome, is there anyway you could find out where the relay is or tell me what to look for? Thanks.

I looked for a relay in the little black fuse box in under the hood near the battery and in the little fuse box by the driver left foot, and nothing seems missing. ANy ideas?

yup there is a relay, i dont where it is located, but there is one.

nipper

Awsome, is there anyway you could find out where the relay is or tell me what to look for? Thanks.

I looked for a relay in the little black fuse box in under the hood near the battery and in the little fuse box by the driver left foot, and nothing seems missing. ANy ideas?

not a clue, its a std electro mechanical realy, with 6 pins. i would suspect it to be under the dash wire codes

LT GRN OR BLU/BLACK - TO PARK-RUN IN MOTOR

BLU/WHIT OR GRN - TO MOTOR

BLK/WHT OR GRN/RED TO COMBO SWITCH (should be a small wire)

WHT/BLU

WHT/BLU- FROM THE #2 FUSE

WHT/BLU OR BLK/RED TO REAR WASHER PUMP FROM FUSE BOX

LT GRN/BLK OR BLU BLACK FROM PUMP TO SWITCH.

BLACK FROM SWITCH TO GROUND.

Best thing it to try to traceit from the switch

hope this helps

nipper