Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leather seat coverings after market.

Anyone had their seats redone with leather? What did it cost? The dealer can get it done for $1,500 (OBW) but I figure they're using an upholstery shop under contract and I can probably do it directly for $1,000 to $1,200?

I'm not overwhelmed by the fabric on my new seats, the seats are nivcer but I like the fabric on my old OBW better.

I contacted the manufacturer of Katzskins, autoleathers.com, for a local dealer.

Anyone had their seats redone with leather? What did it cost? The dealer can get it done for $1,500 (OBW) but I figure they're using an upholstery shop under contract and I can probably do it directly for $1,000 to $1,200?

I'm not overwhelmed by the fabric on my new seats, the seats are nivcer but I like the fabric on my old OBW better.

I contacted the manufacturer of Katzskins, autoleathers.com, for a local dealer.

sometimes there are 'group buys' over at nasioc.com and ocasionally it include the katzkins (sp?)

or get some leathers soob seats outta a wreck or maybe you coul;d find someone who wants to trade out their leather for cloth? (many folks in the west don't like leather, but want sunroofs(don't most sunroof equipped soobs come with leather?) and might be willing to trade seats +$$ - try the marketplace here or over at nasioc)

fyi