Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of my wagon.. ... ... ...

Ugly ain't it? heh.. its started out as an original factory Black gl-10 auto wagon.. now, well, the body is a combo of 5 different cars, drivetrain is a combo of just about everything.. Interior is part gl-10, XT6, and RX.

its gonna get sanded down, alot of rust in the rear repaired and painted factory black again...

check out the hood.. came off an 89 gl wagon.. had factory pinstripe on the hood, first one i ever saw with it, lol..

ohh and the wheels, well, i had a pain in the arse time gettin them from germany.. only cost about $250 tho.. cheaper and easier than a conversion/5lug wheels..

154112_1231-med.JPG

154112_1232-med.JPG

154112_1233-med.JPG

154112_1234-med.JPG

154112_1235-med.JPG

engine bay still needs some work... ac clutch is out and rubbing thats why its white around the edges.. its literally burning, lol.. the power steering lines have a burn/rub hole in them from the twe crossover pipe so its just bypassed at the moment, although its not bad to drive without PS..

once i get her nailed down and running the way i want it to i'm gonna clean it all up, wire loom everything, nip/tuck, etc.. everything was all shiny and clean till i routed a hose wrong and blew the oil dipstick out at full boost.. bah 2 quarts of mobil 1 20w50 is expensive..

ya know i just noticed, it fades from light to dark starting in the front, :lol:

the multicolor scheme does get the average idiot drivers attention in heavy traffic, they tend to keep thier distance and not ride my rump roast..

it is pretty funny blowing a honda, or maxima off the road in the ole soobie, i get a :mad::confused::eek: look from the other driver, haha..

BTW, wheels are 14" factory soob wheels :brow:

what do ya mean? it came off a Slob. (Saab) the old hood had a rs hoodscoop on it, welded but the hood support braces buckled from too much welding and it kinda caved in, lol.. was rubbing my BoV so i had to put a stock hood back on it..

i think this time around i'll cut the scoop in half, take about 3" of length out then epoxy it back together so it will fit the raised part of the hood right.. then on it goes again.. i just can't screw this hood up, they're hard to find, lol..

bodyis 100% straight except for the drivers side hood hinge (bent) and the rear fenderwells/cargo compartments where the rust is. underneath isn't real bad.. some minor rot on the frame rails.. gotta fix that too..

nothing has broke due to rust even with the power it has now.. rear diff hanger was reinforced though, the last one broke in half..:-\

I like the wheels. The body seems straight. What's with the intercooler?