Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have an interesting problem (1997 Subaru Legacy outback). My hazard lights are blinking slowly. They blink on for 1 sec, off for 1 sec and repeat that for 1 min. Then stop for 10 secs and begin again. Inside, the dash lights up (just the backlight for the speedometer and such) during each blink.

I did a few things today like replace the radiator cap (90Kpa vs 88Kpa cap that I took off). Changed the air filter. Removed the battery terminal connectors and scraped off a little corrosion.

I can still turn on the blinkers and hazards and turn signals and they flash at a faster rate. It runs just fine otherwise.

It's gotta be some sort of code telling me something is wrong but I can't find it anywhere.

Any help?

how is your altenator. a burned out diode in the altenator can make the car do weird things.Dont reley on codes... reley on basic mechanics first, codes second. Codes wont tell you anything about the cars other electrical systems on subarus, they are just fuel ignition and emissions.

nipper