Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy vs. Outback height difference?

I have a 2000 Legacy wagon, but I don't like how low it sits. I know the Outback version is essentially the same car with improved ground clearance. What are the clearance numbers for each?

So what would it take to give my legacy the stance of an Outback? What exact parts would I need?

take the outback suspension, and put it in your legacy.

That's it i believe....

just the struts, coils and tops (you might be able to use your tops actually...)

There's alot of stuff about it in the offroad forum, try doing a search for legacy lift, or something like that.

I have a 2000 Legacy wagon, but I don't like how low it sits. I know the Outback version is essentially the same car with improved ground clearance. What are the clearance numbers for each?

The brochure says: Legacy G.C.- 160mm

Outback G.C. - 185mm

Difference: about 1 inch

I haven't seen much info on the 2000-2004 Legacy being lifted, but there is one thread on NASIOC. The person just lifted the rear since it was botoming out due to a trunkfull of books. It looks like he got about 1.5" from the spring strut combo from the Outback.

Here is the link: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900623

you could also check into king springs, they have lift springs for the liberty.. which we don't have over here... but i think it's similar to the legacy?

http://www.kingsprings.com/

if you end up getting some, let me know because i'm looking at their forester springs.. and shipping to the US might be cheaper if we have more than 1 order...