Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'03 Legacy Heater Fan Seized... payout?

Hey, first time here, I searched and looked at the FAQ.. cant find what I need

My fan seized up, it was off and on, then stopped working all together... and its cold up here:rolleyes:... It will come on after driving for an hour... then its overly hot....

Is this a usual problem... can i take it out and clean it mabye?

or should i just bring it in to my mechanic?

anything would help... thankz in advance

Hey, first time here, I searched and looked at the FAQ.. cant find what I need

My fan seized up, it was off and on, then stopped working all together... and its cold up here:rolleyes:... It will come on after driving for an hour... then its overly hot....

Is this a usual problem... can i take it out and clean it mabye?

or should i just bring it in to my mechanic?

anything would help... thankz in advance

thats odd .. so early to fail considerng they can last 15 years .. are you sure its seized?

Look under the dash on the passenger side, it should be an easy in car jobto do. Worst thing to remove may be is the glovebox.

nipper

thats odd .. so early to fail considerng they can last 15 years .. are you sure its seized?

Look under the dash on the passenger side, it should be an easy in car jobto do. Worst thing to remove may be is the glovebox.

nipper

Not sure if its seized... But I will take a look underthe dash tomorow...

This car has almost 300 k on her already...

it it possible... its getting frozen, like mabye being stopped from frozen condensaton?

Not sure if its seized... But I will take a look underthe dash tomorow...

This car has almost 300 k on her already...

it it possible... its getting frozen, like mabye being stopped from frozen condensaton?

WOW 300,000 MILES?!?!?!?!?

You win the award for most piled on a car in three years.

i would check also to make sure you have power to the fan motor, but at that milage, i wouldnt be surprised if the the fan motor died.

nipper

I FIXED IT...

I just took the fan out, claened it up ( had about 5-8 grams of dust inside ) and when i plugged it back in it started working :D....

thanks allot for you replys nipper... I feel a whole lot more confident now knowing this supportive fourm is here to help me.

Jesse

I bet the cleaning is not what fixed it, the connector was probably loose and when you put it back in you got it pluged back tight, this has happenen to mine a couple of times also. Mine gets knocked loose from the mail tubs and things I carry in floorboard. If it quits again try wiggling the connector.

I FIXED IT...

I just took the fan out, claened it up ( had about 5-8 grams of dust inside ) and when i plugged it back in it started working :D....

thanks allot for you replys nipper... I feel a whole lot more confident now knowing this supportive fourm is here to help me.

Jesse