Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone have a clue why Subaru designed those cheap fog lamp grilles on the 2000-2004 OBs to be so breakable if you try to remove/reattach them? I broke one of the little plastic retaining tabs the other day trying to replace the right cover, epoxied it, and of course, the same bit promptly broke again. So it's now hanging on at only two points, as opposed to the normal 3.

I figure I'm going to drive until they both fall off, and forget about it. Giving that the designers of these things made a half-a$$ed attempt, I'm guessing the grilles serve no functional purpose besides aggravate you.

And how about the glass on those lights. Both mine look like they have been shot with BB guns. Several holes in each. Have to replace the bulbs often, what a pain.

I have tried to get the glass off of the housing to see if I can get new ones, it has two metal clips, which just break the glass anyway. So, I just put clear packing tape on the holes in the glass and hope for the best.

I am sure you can buy wire screens for these lights, probably should do that, but why does Sub not do so?

when I had my 02 OB I broke one offroading and went to buy a new one. I got the new one and I couldn't get it to go back on right so I took the other one off and sold them both on ebay. :D

So if anyone in the Lehigh valley area (PA) sees an 02 OB (blue) without fog guards....tell the new owner.... sorry :lol: