Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey folks,

New to the board, but I'm finding it very helpfull. I believe my rear wheels are either not recieving power or not enough. I've taken it to 2 different dealers, no codes coming up. If I hit the gas hard on a wet road the front wheels will spin. In the sand the front wheels bury themselves. Even I know thats not normal. Both my kids own a Subaru and their's don't do it. I'm looking for information which can help me solve the problem. No fuse in the FWD socket, and no mechanical noise. If you have some advice I'd appreciate it.

how many mikes on this car

Put a fuse in the awd holder and see what happens, the voltage may unstick a sticky solinoid. Next would be to try a transmission flush. The only other thing i can think of is a bad vehical speed sensor as the car uses two of them to make the AWD work. A tranny shop can put pressure gauges on the system and see whats going on.

Everyone relies on codes way too much, when good old fashioned diagnostics works just as well if not better.

nipper

Hey Nipper!

Thanks for replying. 135k on the car. I'll try what you've suggested. Dealer mech changed the fluid (not the same as a flush). I'll try the fuse and if you could give me the location of the speed sensor's it would help. I've buried the car in the sand a few times so that might be the ticket. Last resort I'll take it to the shop and have the gages put on her.

how many mikes on this car

Put a fuse in the awd holder and see what happens, the voltage may unstick a sticky solinoid. Next would be to try a transmission flush. The only other thing i can think of is a bad vehical speed sensor as the car uses two of them to make the AWD work. A tranny shop can put pressure gauges on the system and see whats going on.

Everyone relies on codes way too much, when good old fashioned diagnostics works just as well if not better.

nipper

could it be a bad center diff?