Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nevada - California Caravan To WCSS8

I know its a little early for this to be started, but interest has been shown by a few members from california and Nevada about caravanning up to WCSS8 and I want to make sure that ALL of us get together to ride up there. Lets make this happen this year, lets get as many people as we can together. As far as I know right now, its me (JIBS), SUBIEMAN, and NV ZENO heading out from Reno. NVbigBlue will most likely come along, maybe DarkSTI, too. Thesubarujunkie will definitely be in. a few other members have wanted to come along too, how about Subiewonkenobi, Jeremy? And renaissanceman? you gonna want to head up this way? NuclearBacon wants to come from the bay area also. Subynut, you guys comin this year again? Lets get ideas started.

Subiewonkenobi is gonna catch a ride with us this year! Also Shawn (soon to be a USMB member) is coming. Like you said it's still 7 months away!!!! Plans are a bit hard to make right now. I'll bring this post from the dead in 6 months to update. hehe :rolleyes:

~Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about taking the same route as last time (WCSS 6); Susanville/Klamath/Bend, starting out on Thursday, overnight in Bend, arrive around noontime Friday at the show.

Gotta get through that miserable canyon (Indian res) before it gets too hot (ugh).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I just posted in the WCSS8 thread just now. Count me in 100% It turns out that this is the time that I will be moving up to washington possibly too, so I'll probably have a convoy of my own.. I'll be coming up from San Luis Obispo, so anyone I can meet up with along the way is a go.

-Mike

i might be living in chico when it happens (chico is about 150 miles north-north-east of san francisco) but!! next to I-5. i will go wherever to meet whomever because I WANNA GO TO WCSS!!!!!!!!!

:)

i'm taking whatever days off work.. i'd like to take a full week and a ahlf off just to drive around and caravan with everyone....and already have a gas fund started. i wanna put a couple thousand miles down hehehe.

<---completly excited. :)

Luigi

• 2 months later...

I dunno if I will make it this year. The new business will be opening about that same week. Plus its a real drag to drive a 22 year old car up there. (might be for sale soon) I'll drive my legacy but thats no fun in the mud pit. We will see....

I dunno if I will make it this year. The new business will be opening about that same week. Plus its a real drag to drive a 22 year old car up there. (might be for sale soon) I'll drive my legacy but thats no fun in the mud pit. We will see....

This might be the last vacation you're gonna get for awhile (owning business eats personal time). If you bring the Legacy, I'll loan you my wagon for the mud pit:) .

Are Scott and Shawn still thinking of going?

I'm definately planning on coming up. I'm trying to talk my wife into coming along as well.....:banana: As long as work doesn't get in the way (which it looks like it won't right now), I should be able to drive up with you guys. Was the plan to over night in Bend? Sounds good to me, but whatever....

It's encouraging to see so many of you from way South so excited about the show. Wish other groups would get a little more psyched up.

We love the show. Theres really nothing like it around here. Its great to meet new people and we love the beautiful drive to the PNW. It will be a shame I might miss it.. but I will try my hardest to free myself.

Dave, you mean it will eat ALL my personal time! haha:-\

Scott will not make it up this year. (Not enough vacation time) Shawn is still open though and I think hes gonna come up if I go.

I'm definately planning on coming up. I'm trying to talk my wife into coming along as well.....:banana: As long as work doesn't get in the way (which it looks like it won't right now), I should be able to drive up with you guys. Was the plan to over night in Bend? Sounds good to me, but whatever....

Yea Bill, I make it a 2-day drive to the PNW..it allows me time for breakdowns and a no-rush frame of mind. Bend seems to be a good "most-of-the-day drive" from here, and is civilized enough to have decent hotels and restaurants. This also allows us to arrive at WCSS after only a couple of hours on the road, still fresh and alive enough to enjoy the whole first day.

(Actually, I used to be able to make those 700-mile "bombing runs" after working a full shift, but that was 25 years ago..couldn't do that as easily now:lol: :lol: )

Yea Bill, I make it a 2-day drive to the PNW..it allows me time for breakdowns and a no-rush frame of mind. Bend seems to be a good "most-of-the-day drive" from here, and is civilized enough to have decent hotels and restaurants. This also allows us to arrive at WCSS after only a couple of hours on the road, still fresh and alive enough to enjoy the whole first day.

(Actually, I used to be able to make those 700-mile "bombing runs" after working a full shift, but that was 25 years ago..couldn't do that as easily now:lol: :lol: )

Ya I know what you mean.....:-\

Bend is nice, been there a few times for snowboarding. Would be nice to see the place in the summer time! Is anyone bringing a bigger vehicle up? My wife was thinking maybe tow my tent trailer up with my truck, but I'd just as soon camp old school... And I think my tent trailer might be a bit much for the hatch to handle...(1200-1500lbs....):confused:

Well guys, I may have to forgo the show this year. I just gave notice to the college that I'm longer going to be working for them. Good for me. :banana: Bad for them. But bad for me because now I may not have enough leave accrued at the new job by time the show comes around. :mad:

Hopefully, the new job will let me earn some extra comptime hours that I can burn.... but we'll have to wait and see now.

Well guys, I may have to forgo the show this year. I just gave notice to the college that I'm longer going to be working for them. Good for me. :banana: Bad for them. But bad for me because now I may not have enough leave accrued at the new job by time the show comes around. :mad:

Hopefully, the new job will let me earn some extra comptime hours that I can burn.... but we'll have to wait and see now.

Bill,

Hopefully a shorter commute?

Ok so here's my plan as of right now:

I'm gonna ask for the 22-29th of august off. I wanna drive up the 22 all day. Camp/stay wherever that night. That'll give me wednesday and thursday to wheel around hood river and have some fun. It'll also give me time to fix things in case of breakage. I will then show up for the weekend and then headout sunday night/monday morning and head home.