Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 93 subaru impreza l and on my way home from work thismorning I turned into my neighborhood and COULD NOT shift to any gear so I kept it in nuetral coasted to the side turn the car off tried to switch gears i could but they were really rough and then I started the car put it in first and I heard a slight scraping noise only when it was in gear i need the car for work tonight so If somone could help me out it would be AWESOME thank you, and sorry for my sentance struck or lack of :)

oh and if this helps any the car is white....:grin:

Make sure the clutch is adjusted properly...

Also, try double clutching...that'll get you around for a bit.

I have a 93 subaru impreza l and on my way home from work thismorning I turned into my neighborhood and COULD NOT shift to any gear so I kept it in nuetral coasted to the side turn the car off tried to switch gears i could but they were really rough and then I started the car put it in first and I heard a slight scraping noise only when it was in gear i need the car for work tonight so If somone could help me out it would be AWESOME thank you, and sorry for my sentance struck or lack of :)

oh and if this helps any the car is white....:grin:

I assume you have a clutch, although you never specify if it's an automatic or not. Any strange noises coming from the motor area? - like a high pitched whine when in nuetral with the clutch pedal out?

there is a high pitched whistle but thats just cause the harness ground isnt tight enough the bolt is stripped ( i just replaced the engine) and my belts were slippin when it was cold but other than that nope and yah its a manual transmission

• 2 weeks later...
well I dont know what was wrong but all of a sudden it stopped thanks for all your help guys :)

well the noise returned then on my way home from work there was some resistance when I was pressing the clutch pedal down a couple times then the clutch pedal stayed down the final time I thought the cable broke but there still seems to be tension on the transmission side any ideas of what it could be?