Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finished Suspension w00t

JordanR693

Thanks for those who helped me with what to buy ect. Pulled an all nighter last night and did the suspension wow it was well worth it though. I had a blast in the woods after i got finished. Some guys on four wheelers looked at me like they didnt know what was going on lol = )

How would i go about putting a pic of it on here so you guys can see it?

I'm going im in the process of getting some steel tube as well = ). ill probably eventually make a snorkle if i ever find something deep enough to drive through. also about to buy either a 2.2 or 2.5 engine for $200. Not sure what im goint o do about a tranny i need to look into the conversion more

Thanks

EJ22 or EJ25 i want to do one or the other. What is the deal on the transmission am i going to have to swap that out too. I know that the 2.2 and the 2.5 can use the same tranny but im not so sure about the 1.8 Transmission. But that would be extremely cool if i just needed to get a new clutch kit or something and the tranny would bolt up. Im not really sure weather the tranny now though would handle a 2.2. Would be nice though if it would i would like some more power for sure

Omg that is beautiful i been wondering if it was true. Ill deffinitally drop in a EJ22 in that case. Just need to find one and rebuild it now. Anyone know someone selling a block!!!!? I will need a new clutch kit too thought my cluth and pp or maybe its just my clutch doesnt seem to ingage just i would like. It likes to get stinky but maybe its just because of my lack of power from the 1.8. I can only climb steep in 1st

Good job, i Ditto that about seeing a newer sedan getting the lifted treatment:clap: . Yeah, bumpers and lights maybe a rack too, would make the final touch after the tires.

The D/R transmission would give you a low range to help turn thoughs bigger tires that you plan on putting on your rig. To put in a D/R trans you need an adapter kit that AA sells and theres someone on the east side, i think its McBrat but not sure but someone on here will correct me on that. the kit is a drilled flywheel and an adapter plate, not sure what you would have to do about the driveline if anything.

The 5spd. D/R tranys are in the EA82 model cars 85-89 not sure if they where in the Loyale style up to 93.

What about the ej22 motor what car is that most often found in. 2.5s are easy to come buy around here considering the mass popularity of the Subaru Outbacks around here lol its almost like mustangs now i see one every 2 minutes. But I need to find where im going to pick up this 2.2 liter. Mainly i need to know which car. is it like a 95 or 96 imp or something? i was offered a 2.5 with a blown head gasket for $200. but i think the ej22 would be easier considering it is a little smaller but still is going to give me enough power. :headbang:. yes lights, bumper. snorkel will all be very affordable and easy once i get my engine / tires. i dont might taking along time to get the other stuff but engine and tires are priority. Now i must go fix my mothers brakes on her chevy imp

When it does come time and after i have parts / ect to do the ej22 swap ill take pics as i go so i can make some sort of tutorial for others that might want to in the furture as well. I bet the wiring harness is going to suck. that always seems like the worst part. Hint to self dont play with rotaries.

Very nice to see something other than obw lifted, ive got a 97 coupe with legacy shocks on it right now but i wnat more lift so im gonna have to get new coils, did you just use stock forrester coils? As it sits right now i only got about 1.5-2 inches, the length difference in the strut bodys but i wnat more\

Also from all ive read you can use a 2.2 block with the 1.8 manifolds, heads and wiring and not have to change anything but the block. I hope someone can clarify this cause its what im planing on doing as soon as i can scrounge c few hundred bucks for a 2.2. Also would you get a clutch for a 1.8 or 2.2 after a swap??

Yes i just used the KYB Forester GR-2 struts and the OEM Coils from Genuinesubaruparts.com...

What you have heard about the 2.2 converstion is true. Thx to Austin for his knowlege on that. He told me all about it. That is true it actually is a much much easier swap than what i anticipated. I will be doing it soon as well. but as of today the rear left wheel bearing decided to say i hate you so now i have to get that fixed = \.. gonna cost me a little bit on that one

Good job, i Ditto that about seeing a newer sedan getting the lifted treatment:clap: . Yeah, bumpers and lights maybe a rack too, would make the final touch after the tires.

i agree. i think it's about time to make a 90's gen lifted thread..

i'll get on that.