Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale Q's

but like i said don't quote me

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D:D:D:D:D

I don't think the year matters, I'm pretty sure that if GL wiring harness fits a 91 Loyale, it would fit any year Loyale. The key is finding out if GL harness fits Loyale harness, I can't imagine why it wouldn't. They tried to keep most electrical/wiring/connector things the same when changing from GL/DL to Loyale.

as long as the drivetrain setup matches, it'll work. an AT single range 4WD GL gauge cluster will fit in an AT single range loyale. a FWD GL cluster will fit a FWD loyale. I'm not sure about the dual ranges, as they have a 'lo' indicator. so someone else would have to chime in for that, but if you happen to have one that matches, you'll be fine.

as long as the drivetrain setup matches, it'll work. an AT single range 4WD GL gauge cluster will fit in an AT single range loyale. a FWD GL cluster will fit a FWD loyale. I'm not sure about the dual ranges, as they have a 'lo' indicator. so someone else would have to chime in for that, but if you happen to have one that matches, you'll be fine.

Rad Thanks I thought they where the same but it never hurts to ask, gauges here I come!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D:D:D:D:D

I don't think the year matters, I'm pretty sure that if GL wiring harness fits a 91 Loyale, it would fit any year Loyale. The key is finding out if GL harness fits Loyale harness, I can't imagine why it wouldn't. They tried to keep most electrical/wiring/connector things the same when changing from GL/DL to Loyale.

i was just thinking that if a post 90's loyal was fuel injected it might use a different type of sending unit for the gages...that's how is for some nissans anyway

i was just thinking that if a post 90's loyal was fuel injected it might use a different type of sending unit for the gages...that's how is for some nissans anyway

most EA82 GL's were fuel injected too

and I used a cluster from an '88 SPFI GL in my '85 carbed GL, plug and play

it's the fancy digi dashes that use different senders

Don't know about dashes, but I stuck an engine from a '91 Loyale into a '87 GL. It all matched up, except the GL had a big square plug for the wiring harness where the Loyale had a round one :banghead: All the wires were the same color, so I cut off the wrong plug and soldered the right one on there, and it worked.