Ultimate Subaru Message Board

adaptor plate bolts prob (weber conversion)

Hi guys, i have searched everywhere but can't find any info. I have redline adaptor plate and the studs in my ea 82 manifold are smaller than the ones in the adaptor kit. Should I tap bigger threads or use smaller studs? pros cons?

thanks

:slobber: No Way! :eek:

First verify that you didn´t got the Redline / Weber 730 Kit, (It is intended for the EA81 Engine) you need the 731 Kit, wich is designed for the EA82.

The EA81 is a Single Plate Adaptor, the EA82 is a two plate Adaptor. go see them at:

www.webercarburetors.com

Also, I recently did that conversion in one of my two loyales, You can see my Pics Here:

Everything Started Here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51053

And Finally, I did "Weberize" my Subie, Here is the Link to the Thread that got the Pics:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53143

I must tell ya that the screws that came with my two plate adaptor wasn´t right, because they send me four of 3/16" (Black with hexagonal wrench head) and Four Milimetric (Silver with Phillips Screwdriver Head)

The problem with that screws is that the Black ones are in Inches and didn´t fit the Subie´s millimetric pattern, and the Millimetric ones where much taller (1").

The Solution was to buy another four in the Harware Store, with the same millimetric size of the silver ones, but in 1/2" long (Half of the Kit´s Silver ones)

The new ones, as the Silver ones of the kit have this issue: The Head reach only the lower half of the bottom plate´s holes. but works fine. It doesn´t matter because the screws heads hides in the first Plate.

I Think it will help you.

:) Good Luck! :)

next job is get it above the aircon. ahhggrr.

thanks guys

What, you need to space the carb up abit? If so, jameng.com has spacers available, they're 1/2"-13mm or so in thickness. P/N 99005.120, comes with a couple gaskets, goes between carb and the adapter.