Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 FWD Loyale with a dieing engine and worn out suspension. I need a major upgrade

awlllwa

Ok. So i have a 92 FWD Loyale wagon with leaky, tapping, power hesatant motor, extreamly loose worn out suspension, and im sick of it. :mad:

I was saving up money to buy a 2006 wrx wagon, but my friend just got one and i just dont like it. :-\ Yah its fast, but you just cant feel the road and the engine like you can in the old cars.

So now i have like 5-8 grand that i've saved for my down-payment and i think it would be a better choice if i just threw that at my loyale to turn it into a beast. :headbang:

Any suggestions with that price range for a massive overhaul of the engine, drive train, suspension... the whole 9 yards.

rebuilt motor - CCR.

new (or have yours rebuilt) alternator, starter, battery and batter terminals/cables.

new radiator

have all 4 wheel bearings replaced

replace all fluids - diffs, coolant, brake fluid.

have all the brake calipers rebuilt or replaced. (rebuilt kits are about 10 dollars)

and replace the brake master cylinder.

replace the steering rack bushings, front suspension bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends and clutch cable.

that'll give you excellent reliability and safety and won't cost much. the rebuilt motor will be the high price item. you can have it rebuilt locally. the more work you do the less it'll cost. either way, all of this will be well within if not way below your range listed above.

once the motor is done, the other stuff you can do a step at a time. that's what i do, have a list of items i address just like mentioned above. i've done just about everything mentioned above except a complete rebuild.

yah, ive been looking at the ej22. I figure im going to need a completely new drive train, because i want 4wd. Another thing i herd is that with the ej22 you cannot have the A/C Compressor hooked up because it gets in the way of i think the radiator. But i live in texas, i will die without A/C, its allready almost too hot outside sometimes and its only march!!

i definatly need to come see your car.

What all have you done to it anyways?

i mean a more detailed list that the one you allready layed out.

Going to send you a PMwith my number. Hoping to have the car back in the next couple days. Had some new IC piping done to it while it was in the shop (this is really weird for me.. I have done almost everything myself on this car)

At this point, the list of what I have done with it is a bit long.. Perhaps tonight, I will havre the time to lay it all out.

Also, I have some parts you might be interested in.. Struts and stuff