Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thepartsbing.com service stinks

ok so I order the $110 dollar XT-6 clutch and then send me a 2wd XT4 clutch. tried calling and was on hold for 30 minutes before i hung up.

then the online service (live help) tells me i have to send back this clutch first at MY COST before they can enter a RMA for the right clutch!?!?!?!!?

get ahold of them, reexplain the problem, tell them that return shipping needs to be their responsibility, and if they disagree, tell them that you'll dispute the charge on your credit/debit card. (first, call your bank/CC company and discuss it with them)

that sucks. i've probably ordered a dozen or more times from them and no issue yet. at least they did the right thing, that's good to know for future reference even though it required persistence. the price we pay for cheap parts! i've gotten the wrong part (2WD for 4WD actually) ordering from subaru before....you think if anyone would know they would.

good luck, hopefully it didn't set you back to bad. that had to suck opening up that box, ready to go at it. complimentary overnight shipping would have been sweet.