Ultimate Subaru Message Board

vintage rally?

I didn't want to hi-jack the subaru race car thread, but Paul's last post got me thinking. He said that he regularly attends the vintage races at Lime Rock (I am totally jealous!) and said he had not seen any subes there. I am wondering if there are any vintage rally races doen anywhere in the world. That would be awesome to see all of those great old rally cars like the old Audis, the Porsche 959, and of course the subarus through the years!

a lot of rallies done by the WCRA up here in BC usually have a vintage car class in most of the races...

old sunbeams, volvos, ect ect... check it out... www.rallybc.com

just click on some of the rallies and look at the pics... mostly new cars but always a few old ones... (no old gen subies (pre 79) that i have found however...)

Awesome pics! The guy in the TR3 is my hero. Running around in a convertible in an ice race :headbang:

There were a couple of old saabs and the volvo 1800 wagon was sweet!!!

Paul, you need to go out there and show the other vintage compettitors why european cars don't win rallies anymore :)

I realize that that last line is largely debateable, and I defer to anyone who wants to have at it. I don't want to bicker, but a littlle friendly compettition from an asian car seems like it would be great!

the adirondack ice races have website here: http://www.icerace.com/

there are lots of good pics, and they do have a vintage class

here's a historic class race gallery that I found in the forums http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=00P700CM00&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=

Hey Paul did I ever tell you that I took 2nd place Rookie Division in the 2002 GreatRace Northeast Old Car Rally??? was driving a 1970 Camaro SS , just wait til my Brat is a Super Sport !!!(Can you hear my own horn tooting in the background) :clap: I'm really sorry for the highjack

• 6 months later...
the adirondack ice races have website here: http://www.icerace.com/

there are lots of good pics, and they do have a vintage class

here's a historic class race gallery that I found in the forums http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=00P700CM00&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=

Thanks for posting the links operose,

Our inagural [and first in the US] A.M.E.C. Historic Ice Races were a great success. We had plenty of ice, but unfortunately no Subies showed up. No one's classic car got even a scratch on it and all had a great time in our no-contact Historic ice racing event.

The big news is we're doing it again in 2007! This year's event will be scheduled for February 24th and 25th headlining the Lake George Winter Carnival, in Lake George, NY. More about it HERE. There's a short story about it in this month's Classic Motorsport magazine as well.

We'd like to see some Japanese cars get out and strut their stuff this year. I will be running my '77 Datsun B210. Anyone care to join me?

• 2 months later...
We'd like to see some Japanese cars get out and strut their stuff this year. I will be running my '77 Datsun B210. Anyone care to join me?
No one here wants to have some fun with their historic Subaru?

I've got plenty of 13" studded tires to lend. But none of my Datsun wheels will fit those big bolt circles you guys use! ;)

• 2 years later...