Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What could be the problem??(fixed now with PICS!!!)

Hey guys, My car is having a little trouble atm...Just wondering if anyone has come across this b4..When travelling at say 80k/s or under, my car is fine.. but when i put my foot down past 4000rpm/or 110kpm, the taco goes spastic, and the car coughs and jolts around.... i have changed the fuel filter, and oil filter. i bought some fuel injector cleaner but havent tried that yet...Could it be the fuel pump? Also i havent gotten anyone to drive behind me yet to see if it smoke at all, i know it doesnt when it idles/drives fine, but when its hiccupping, i dont know...this engine is a ej22, gen3series2(or gen2ser3, cant member) 96 model anyway....Thanx guys..any input would be greatly appreciated... i hope its not too seriousCheersAdam

Well i figured out the problem. i had a look at my knock sensor, that was fine.... then i decided just to tinker about and check all my connections... i found this... i wsant sure was it did or was(still dont) but i saw that the plastic surrounding was broken and the plug was loose.

i wedged it up so it was tight, and took it for a spin, didnt miss a beat....

now i need to either get a new surrounding, or super glue it back together..

here are some pics... Ther red bracket is whats broken(between the bolt and plug)

here is the plug

dsc000901lu.jpg

Here is it unplugged

dsc000914lk.jpg

Here are where the plugs are..Note the plug surrounding that is broken is the lower right one

And here is just a pic of my car(with temp quarter panel..just testing snorkel)

dsc000953lq.jpg

also, sorry bout dodge pics, there from my camerea fone..

Well i figured out the problem. i had a look at my knock sensor, that was fine.... then i decided just to tinker about and check all my connections... i found this... i wsant sure was it did or was(still dont) but i saw that the plastic surrounding was broken and the plug was loose.

i wedged it up so it was tight, and took it for a spin, didnt miss a beat....

now i need to either get a new surrounding, or super glue it back together..

here are some pics... Ther red bracket is whats broken(between the bolt and plug)

here is the plug

dsc000901lu.jpg

Here is it unplugged

dsc000914lk.jpg

Here are where the plugs are..Note the plug surrounding that is broken is the lower right one

And here is just a pic of my car(with temp quarter panel..just testing snorkel)

dsc000953lq.jpg

also, sorry bout dodge pics, there from my camerea fone..

Hey Fatz, what car is your Snorkel off matey?

Lots of Aussies looking for a snorkel to suit their Foresters these days.

That is the cam sensor. It tells the ECU whether the #1 cylinder is in the intake or firing position. It uses this info to fire the injectors in the correct sequence. Since Subarus don't have a failsafe mode (batch fire injection), it won't run without it.