Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 gl10 seat gadgetry?

There is the regular upright adjustment but there is also something special which came on the GL-10s and the RXs but was an option on some other vehicles. That telescoping arm you talk about adjusts the height of the seat. Either up or down, as in the base.

You can see the arm in the closed position in this pic of my RX http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/1389939403067339125iQUfUY

if you push the telescoping arm in, instead of pull it out, it ejects the passenger's front seat! (sunroof models only)

heh...

but seriously though, my gl-10 had the lumbar support. you had 2 positions. painful, and more painful. its like a rod that goes lengthwise that jams into your back when you move the adjustment.

heh...

but seriously though, my gl-10 had the lumbar support. you had 2 positions. painful, and more painful. its like a rod that goes lengthwise that jams into your back when you move the adjustment.

Every subaru made from 1980 on (at least that far back - maybe farther) had a lumbar support for the drivers seat. Even stock Brats and the low end EA81 DL's had that. Seriously - take a look when you go to the JY. The Izuzu Impulse seats in my Brat have it too. Pretty common I guess.

GD

None of the EA82 DLs I've had have had lumbar support. Neither have the two Justies.

Also, the lumbar support in the GL-10 fits my back perfectly (all settings, I fiddle with it on long drives, couldn't live without it). Of course I also have a mild case of scoliosis, could make a slight difference...