Ultimate Subaru Message Board

twin A arm?

Uberoo

how hard would be to ditch the strut setup and run a true twin A arm setup?Im thinking twin A arms because just about no matter how high you jack the car up it doesnt have camber issues(assuming A arms are equal length).Granted the CV's might not like it but couldnt the shaft be lengthed and flexible CV/DOJ's be put in?sence you could jack the body away from the suspension with out terribly effecting camber you could have a ton of cleanance under the front skidplate and rear diff.hmm food for thought.then you could run heim joints for super flex/travel:lol: :banana:

I suppose porsh 930 CV's could be adapted to fit.suspension height on our subies would rock offroad....

You can do the same with the Subaru suspension. Just have to do a little math when making the strut extension. You can only go so far up with any independent suspension before the CV's become a limiting facture and the divetrain has to come down.

how hard would be to ditch the strut setup and run a true twin A arm setup?Im thinking twin A arms because just about no matter how high you jack the car up it doesnt have camber issues(assuming A arms are equal length).Granted the CV's might not like it but couldnt the shaft be lengthed and flexible CV/DOJ's be put in?sence you could jack the body away from the suspension with out terribly effecting camber you could have a ton of cleanance under the front skidplate and rear diff.hmm food for thought.then you could run heim joints for super flex/travel:lol: :banana:

I suppose porsh 930 CV's could be adapted to fit.suspension height on our subies would rock offroad....

I dont know about the camber issue.

On my toyota, I went with tubular a arms )bottom and top) and the top was longer than the bottom by about 2". As far as the cv's go you could get these and adapt them. I used them on my Yote and the worked great.

controlarmsuspension6.jpg

Found here. scroll down to find them. they are pricey though.

http://www.downeyoff-road.com/SuspensionComponents/index.htm

I dont know about the camber issue.

On my toyota, I went with tubular a arms )bottom and top) and the top was longer than the bottom by about 2". As far as the cv's go you could get these and adapt them. I used them on my Yote and the worked great.

controlarmsuspension6.jpg

Found here. scroll down to find them. they are pricey though.

http://www.downeyoff-road.com/SuspensionComponents/index.htm

yeah my uncle used shafts similar on his toyotas... except he got them from a standard parts store and there was nothing special about them. pretty sure you can get those for a reasonable price. I doubt it'd be all that hard to manufacture something like that either.