Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all. I have a 95 Impreza L Wagon 2.2 eat4 that was totaled (rear-ended - hatch, tail light, quarter panel and window) in November '05. It has been pretty much sitting since then.

I went out to start it today and it started up but idled very rough and then quickly died. Vaccuum hoses all look good from what I can see; engine has oil in it.

I am going back out to check a few more things, spark plugs, O2 sensor wiring, anything else i am familiar with. I am decent at repairing my cars when I know what needs to be done, however, diagnosis is tough for me. Any suggestions as to what else I should check/inspect would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Thanks guys! Thing is, the insurance company totalled it but, there is not much damage except what I mentioned; the fuel filler/tank appear to be fine. I did start the car again and it continued running, albeit very roughly. CEL also was flashing!

To further complicate things the car has a bad tranny, due to the jerks at the shop where I bought the car doing a half-a$$ed job on a transplant from another car with unknown miles.

This thing is going to eat up my time now that the weather is nice®. I might end up parting this Imp out if I can't fix it myself.

If the CEL is flashing, it's the motor screaming for your sweet, sweet mercy...usually indicating a misfire situation. Plugs and wires at minimum and see if that helps. If you could though, getting the CEL code read would probably answer a lot of your questions.