Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi i have a 1997 Legacy and when ever i make a sharp right turn i can hear a wierd grumbling noise coming from the back. i'v had a look around and i cannot figure out what could cause it. and another thing i wanted to know was if i can improve my mpg at all. i get about 23 mpg right now.

Hi i have a 1997 Legacy and when ever i make a sharp right turn i can hear a wierd grumbling noise coming from the back. i'v had a look around and i cannot figure out what could cause it. and another thing i wanted to know was if i can improve my mpg at all. i get about 23 mpg right now.

Check you wheel bearing.

23mpg and complaining?

Is it only on right turns, or in both directions? Is this an automatic, or a manual? How many miles on the car?

COuld be a wheel bearing, a bad tire, and could be torque bind. Do all your tires match and are properly inflated? If so, then put a fuse in the FWD holder under the hood on the passenger side. If it goes away you need a tranny flush.

Start there.

nipper