Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Off roading on the beach

wavejunkie

on the beach were the water has come in and went back out its pretty packed , the place to get stuck is the fluffy stuff leading up to that, dont stop in the soft stuff stop in the hard spots and go swift over the fluff, Air down a bit , take a air compressor to air back up, if you get stuff air down a bunch and you might be able to crawl out. DONT SPIN,:eek:

wash of on the way home or everything will rust

attachment.php?attachmentid=2954&d=1127157350

The only time I've driven on the beach was in a stock Loyale, without letting the tires down :eek: . So I expect an Outback would do even better. But Scott is right about the fluff - that's where I got stuck. In my case I was in 2wd on pavement in 3rd gear, and it was like, "Uh oh, the pavement's ending! OK, I can engage 4wd without stopping. Oh yeah, need to get the wheels straight. Oh rats, I stalled it." And with single range and relatively low ground clearance I stalled it a couple more times before a couple of bystanders laughed heartily and pushed me out. I'd like to think I could have gotten it out, since I hadn't spun the tires, but I was glad for the push all the same :grin:

But once that part was over, the rest was a blast, and of course I took pictures to use for my avatar :cool: .