Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dash Swap

Brumby Boy

Hay im just woundering if anyone has bothered looking into fitting the dash out of an impreza or forrester into an ea81 or the like?

I have found a few brats since mine was stolen but all have cracked dashes. I have seen dash swaps done in some cars here in Aus but they are all holdens ie: Commadore dash into a Kingswood ute and new commadore dash into old commadore.

What do you think??

the problem is that in the Brat dash, everthing is mounter to it or is cover by it. But the legacy (95) dash for example has a metal bar going across to which everything is mounted. So if you were to get the new dash into your Brat you would have to move the bar over as well.

the problem is that in the Brat dash, everthing is mounter to it or is cover by it. But the legacy (95) dash for example has a metal bar going across to which everything is mounted. So if you were to get the new dash into your Brat you would have to move the bar over as well.

Ring Paul at subareck in Adelaide and he will find you a nice coupe dash with a tacho and oil pressure gauge.....just like he did for me.

Then you just have to plug and play.

And......intermittant wipers!