Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've searched the archives, and most finds are with dial controls, and cable controlled blend door.

My daughters 95 Legacy wagon is stuck in defrost. (air only comes out defrost vents).

She has push buttons, not dials.

So is her blend door vacumn, or electric actuated? How hard is it to get behind the controls? (what all has to come out?)

Is there a good manual with pics I can get at AutoZone to help me out?

It's a good car, and she needs the AC here in Texas.

Thanks,

Brian

I've searched the archives, and most finds are with dial controls, and cable controlled blend door.

My daughters 95 Legacy wagon is stuck in defrost. (air only comes out defrost vents).

She has push buttons, not dials.

So is her blend door vacumn, or electric actuated? How hard is it to get behind the controls? (what all has to come out?)

Is there a good manual with pics I can get at AutoZone to help me out?

It's a good car, and she needs the AC here in Texas.

Thanks,

Brian

The blend door is electricly acuated. Details on how to remove the control can be found in the Haynes Manual, available at Autozone.

OOOHHH! I have been meaning to ask about my defrost situation. The heat does not work in mine. Well it's pretty much stuck on def/heat and I think just plain def works too.

It's a 90 Legacy Wagon L and it has the push buttons too. If I try to push anything other than def/heat or def it just makes this clicking sound like it's trying to move something inside the dash near the left side of all the heater buttons but it never stops and the heat never comes out the vents. So I just leave it on def/heat and it'll come out the def vents on top of the dash and the rear defroster and down by your feet but that's it. No heater vents.

Is it jammed? Should I tear apart the dash like a madman and while I'm at it, roll my tach back to 130,000 miles(from 274,000)because that's what's on the replaced engine, tranny and rear end.

I hate stuff in the dash. Oh and while I'm at it(if I ever get time for that)I'll locate that stupid rump roast noise that beeps when the door is open and I'll clip the wires to it. NICE!:D