Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i was tired of my car looking like the bazillion other subarus in the area so i got limo tint on the back 5 windows....i like it, and it should cut down on the headlights in my mirror. now i need to cut some knarly looking vinyl for the back side windows to make a statement.

post-17070-136027607877_thumb.jpg

i was tired of my car looking like the bazillion other subarus in the area so i got limo tint on the back 5 windows....i like it, and it should cut down on the headlights in my mirror. now i need to cut some knarly looking vinyl for the back side windows to make a statement.

[ATTACH]3813[/ATTACH]

you mean like a sticker?;

pic.jpg

http://www.wagonmafia.com/

what % is that? It does look real nice.

I have been going back and forth on tinting my car, its white, so the tint would be kinda bold. If I did do it I would prolly do 35% on all 5 back windows. I still want to see. A few years ago I had a gtp with 20% on the back windshield, 35% on the 4 doors, then 35% on the front windshield (the entire windshield). That was a little too much, but I was young and foolish - the car looked great tho

Couple of pics:

http://media.unycgp.com/2002/2002-2-10/mod_day_02-10-2002_008.jpg

http://media.unycgp.com/2002/2002-2-10/mod_day_02-10-2002_007.jpg

http://media.unycgp.com/2002/2002-2-10/mod_day_02-10-2002_099.jpg

.....I loved that Lic. plate, and the car - I will forever regret selling it

you mean like a sticker?;

yes...i like it....

something like that, i've got the plotter and a ton of vinyl...i just have to find (or create) an original design.....problem is....i'm not that creative

i was thinking of a dragon with outstretched claws ready to grab...that little calvin dude taking a pee

:headbang: How much did your tint cost you if you don't mind me asking? I've gotten some quotes for tinting the windows in my Baja (rearwindow, front doors, and sunroof). I've been quoted between $170-$230 which seems reasonable to me. I plan on getting it done real soon. In Oregon you can 'legally' go with a darker (Limo type) from the front doors back on trucks and SUV's (the Baja is classified as an SUV). The rear window seems to have some sort of factory tint on it already, but it is not dark enough for my taste and it lets in to much headlight glare. Does anyone know if it will be a problem to tint over that, or is the factory tint actually in the glass? The factory tint on the rear doors looks good, so I will leave it alone. I've had tinted windows on my last 3 vehicles, and it's driving me crazy not having my privacy glass in the Baja!

Fnlyfnd your Pontiac looked awesome. Wasn't it a little difficult to see out the windshield at night? Did the police ever harrass you about the windshield being tinted? I notice in a lot of car ad's and brochures that the windshields are blacked out. Looks cool! I actually had a cop ask me to see paperwork for my tint in my last rig (Dodge Dakota Quad Cab) when I got pulled over for speeding. I had paperwork from local company stating it was a legal percentage of tint, so I was good on that. Did get a $201 speeding ticket though:mad:

Spacinjason

[ATTACH]3813[/ATTACH]

:headbang: How much did your tint cost you if you don't mind me asking?

it was $150 to do the back 5 windows, we can't dark tint drivers window either, and i usually don't tint window that roll down, but the newer window film (Madico..?) is pretty durable and i rarely put my back windows down.

Madico is really good tint. Thats what I had. My tinter has been using madico for the past 5 years at least and never had any problems.

Yes, it was hard to see at night. After a 2 hour ride home on the highway in the pouring rain i decided to take it off. I kept hitting the rumble strips on the shoulder, and finally decided that was enough. i do not recommed any to do this. I got pulled over one night for tint on the front 2 windows, the cop didn't notice the front windshield cause the stickers were cut out from the tint for exactly that purpose. If the cop did notice the front windshield I would have either been impounded or have to take the tint off right then and their.