Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anybody seen the new 2007 Legacy Spec. B Yet?

Man I just went to the Subaru site and man! That new 07 Spec.B looks Great! Especially now that they did away with that Brick red leather interior:clap: . Six speed tranny looks good too. I think I am going to have to hold out till this fall and pick one up. I was going to buy a 06 Legacy GT in a few months but it looks like the wait might be worth it. Anybody else had a look at the pictures yet?

HP rating systems changed the scaling...so HP numbers everywhere have changed.

6spd in the SpecB? idk...i noticed the bulletin on it on subienet for the dealers....but, after reading in it, it never mentioned the 6spd actually being IN the specB.

• 2 months later...

I think the s.B 6 speed manual is a deal but it's the automatic that needs

a fix/update..4 speed auto's definitely don't cut it in todays market not when 5, 6 and 7 speeds are everywhere except at Subaru.

it never mentioned the 6spd actually being IN the specB.

Wow,ya gotta wonder why..our type of terrain demands it,

...let's hope a 5 or even a 6 speed auto makes makes it in the Legacy this time. I'm looking for a 2007 replacement for the 03 and with stability control and traction control as options on some of the non-awd's cars,I may jump ship for the right combo but I'd hate to...we have loved our roo's but the times they are a-changing.

subaru has 5, 6, 7 speed sport shifts

they just haven't brought them to the States...

Jamie subiegal-smilie.png

hmmm,my 03 Legacy 2.5 L only has a "4sp" Auto and it's always searching for a gear in the mountain areas...really hurts the engine performance/efficiency when ya need it the most.

Over here we get the 5AT in Legacies only. Imps and Woodmen have to make do with 4AT....WHY???

Wow,ya gotta wonder why..our type of terrain demands it,

...let's hope a 5 or even a 6 speed auto makes makes it in the Legacy this time. I'm looking for a 2007 replacement for the 03 and with stability control and traction control as options on some of the non-awd's cars,I may jump ship for the right combo but I'd hate to...we have loved our roo's but the times they are a-changing.

have you ever driven a car with tracton control?

it's awful.

have you ever driven a car with tracton control?

it's awful.

I would argue that maybe 1% of drivers would be better off without traction control. you may very well fall into that catagory, but I know that I would prefer to have it. I know in my bmw, it's saved my butt more times than I realized. one winter i was pulling out of my driveway and the DSC light was flashing like crazy but the car was just driving straight. I pulled back and tried again w/o the DSC on the same stretch and spun around like someone was pushing my car from the side.

besides, maybe on this car there will be a switch to turn it on and off.

I would argue that maybe 1% of drivers would be better off without traction control. you may very well fall into that catagory, but I know that I would prefer to have it. I know in my bmw, it's saved my butt more times than I realized. one winter i was pulling out of my driveway and the DSC light was flashing like crazy but the car was just driving straight. I pulled back and tried again w/o the DSC on the same stretch and spun around like someone was pushing my car from the side.

DSC is BMW's stability control integrated with traction control.

You don't need traction control with AWD. Traction control is a Band-Aid so they don't have to make the car AWD.

Stability control, though, is a nice feature even on an AWD car. And Subaru's VDC is one of the best, even if it reigns you in early making it a little to over-protective.

Subaru needs to offer it as standard, but with a defeat switch.

Unfortunetley, some auto makers are using stability control to cover up bad chassis design. Case in point, the Mitsubishi Montero. It flipped up during Consumer Reports accident avoidence lane change, but didn't when equipped with stability control.

And Subaru's VDC is one of the best, even if it reigns you in early making it a little to over-protective.

Subaru needs to offer it as standard, but with a defeat switch.

It seems I'd read that VDC will be an all platform option in 07?

exactly. everything aside from awd/4wd/realtime awd/quatro are just simplified coverups for the systems aformentioned.

My sisters Camaro Z28 is the same way... (the one with the vette motor in it) Turn off the traction assist on a wet road and mash the gas..... It'll turn that thing into a $25,000 weed eater faster than you can say 'crap'... But turn the little switch... And it's almost civil... Though for driving enthusiasts, turning on the traction assist is miserable... The car just doesn't handle right. With it off you seem to have more control of the car, it just feels better. (Nothing like 400HP in a 4 wheel drift, unless of course it's more horse power...:D )

The mark VIII I had had traction control instead of a real rear LSD, I turned it off one day for experimenting and had trouble parking in a gravel lot. I doubt it would have been that way with an LSD though.

The active handling control on the Corvette5 is incredible, I cant speak enough for how much it changes the characteristics of the car.

+1 for the control systems, as long as you can turn them off.

My big thing is that I wish I could dial my power to the end of the Legacy I want it... Right now it tends to push during cornering tending to drift wide unless you lift off the gas.(of course if I quit trying to drive like Mario Andretti... Hummm... Nah.) If you could dial the balance of power more to the rear wheels....

Then there is always the E-brake for tight turns...:clap: But I'm not sure if that will work with ABS... Oh Well.... It's still a hell of a lot of fun to drive...